Planning & Zoning Committee
- 6 p.m.
- The 2nd Monday of each month
- City Hall
105 Ballard Drive
Lindale, TX 75771
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes from 2011 and Older
To advise and make recommendations to the City Council on matters relating to city planning and development.
The Planning Commission shall:
- Approve or disapprove plats of proposed subdivisions submitted in accordance with city ordinance as adopted or hereafter amended.
- Recommend to the council plans for the clearance and rebuilding of slum districts and blighted areas which may develop within the city.
- Recommend to the council the amendment, extension and revision of the Building Code, which code shall include the minimum standards of construction for building, the minimum standards for plumbing and the minimum standards for electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Submit annually to the City Administrator, not less than 90 days prior to the beginning of the budget year, a list of recommendations for capital improvements which, in the opinion of the commission, are necessary or desirable to be constructed during the forthcoming 5 years. Such list shall be arranged in order of preference, with recommendations as to which projects shall be constructed in which year.
- Meet no less than once each quarter, meetings to be held at the City Hall unless prior notice of change of meeting place by given by publication in a newspaper in general circulation in the city.
- Operate under the guidelines of the powers granted by the civil statutes of the State of Texas.
- All meetings of the Planning Commission must comply with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code.
The committee meets once per month, in the evening, if needed, usually requiring 1 to 2 hours. Additional meetings may be required infrequently to accommodate particular circumstances.
The City Council appoints 5 members. Members must be residents of the City of Lindale, and not employees of the city.
Members are appointed to 3-year terms, expiring June 1. Terms overlap, creating at least 1 vacancy each year.