The Animal Control Division is comprised of an Animal Control Officer who has been trained to solve problems and enforce laws relative to animals in the community.
The officer performs a variety of functions including:
- Capturing domestic animals in violation of the City Leash Law
- Providing advice and guidance to citizens
- Investigating animal bites
- Coordinating with Rabies Control
Citizens reporting an animal problem inside the city limits should call 903-882-3422. If there is a problem during the weekend or after 5:00 p.m. on a weekday, call the Police Department at 903.882.3313. Anyone living outside of the city limits please call 903-566-6600.
The City operates a short time holding facility for captured domestic animals. If the animal owner cannot be contacted within 72 hours, then captured animals are subject to adoption, foster placement or transport to other facilities.
Our services include the following:
- Animal Bite Investigations
- Animal Cruelty Investigations
- Enforcement of City Codes/State Laws